Klout Developer Blog
During the past six months, we've combed over developer feedback, reports and our own intuition to develop a new version of the Klout API. The new API is a departure from the last version, comprising of an entirely new backend and serving system. To celebrate this, we've refreshed the Developer Portal! In addition, we launched an App Showcase that we'll be opening to partners shortly. Watch the upcoming developer blog, the @KloutAPI Twitter account, and future Developer Newsletters for a more detailed rollout schedule. During the next few months, the API is considered "in beta"; there may be certain breaking changes.
There are some major changes we would like to prepare you for before you're even given access to the new API:
- All resources now require a unique KloutID. To facilitate conversion between a TwitterID/screen_name, there is now an Identity Resource.
- To ensure the highest data availability and the lowest latency, you will no longer be able to make bulk user calls. Rate limits will be increased to compensate.
- XML requests and responses have been deprecated. If this is a dealbreaker, please let us know.
- The Network Score, Amplification Probability, True Reach, and Klout Style properties have been removed.
- We will continue to roll out new features and resources to the API over the next few months.
Please understand that this schedule is subject to change.
- April 9th, 2012 - Invite select partners to test and transition to the new API.
- April 16th, 2012 - Open registration for new API. New registrations for the old API are turned off.
- April 30th, 2012 - Breaking changes to the API will be versioned.
- December 31st, 2012 - API v1 will be turned off. All partners should be using v2.
Signing up for the Beta
We are accepting applications for early access to v2 of the API and processing them at our discretion. Because there might be major changes made during this period, we stress that you are prepared to work with agility to resolve bugs and roll with the changes. If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a highly detailed request including the nature of your application, your expected volume, intended audience, and any other details that may be important.
Terms of Service
Our Partner Terms of Service may be modified in the near future to accomodate the new API. We are always working to present the best developer experience for you and us. Please keep in mind that use of the Klout API is bound by both the spirit of our rules (the "Kloutlaws") and by the legal Terms of Service. As with any online service and API, you should know these like the back of your hand.